TEST & INSPECTION
Lightplay are specialists in fault finding and cover all domestic, commercial and industrial settings. Electrical faults can be a nuisance or signs of something more sinister. Either way, effective faultfinding is a skilled part of electrical contracting and here at Lightplay, we aim to resolve faults in a quick and efficient manner saving you both time and money.
Faults can often be mitigated with regular electrical checks, commonly known as Periodic Inspection Reports (PIR). A report generally includes the following:
- A short visual inspection of the consumer unit and the associated electrical installation. Checking for obvious hazards such as cable damage, cable selection, labelling and identification, mechanical protection, code 1 - 3 safety issues and so on.
- A detailed assessment of the board, notes taken and with the board switched off and safely isolated, dead electrical checks are carried out. Insulation resistance and open loop continuity readings are taken
- Checks on the functional working of the board and associated electrical installation assemblies
- A full inventory of the number of electrical points per circuit.
- Live readings taken (earth loop impedance)
- Report typed up and immediately emailed to client. NICEIC hard copy posted next day.
All test equipment in calibrated annually and we provide pro-active and reactive maintenance programmes for both landlords and property management companies.